Society teaches women; You can be ambitious, but not too ambitious. You can be in control, but know when to take a back seat. You can be successful, but not too successful. You can be intelligent, but not more then the man. You can have money, but there is a limit. And, you can aspire to achieve success, but aspire to be a wife also.
So here’s to the independent women who take those limits and say ‘I’M A WOMAN, AND I SET MY OWN RULES’.
Being ‘miss independent’ is everything that embodies a strong, successful, intelligent and powerful woman. Knowing what you want, where you are going and being your own support are the foundations of being independent and being your own woman. There is nothing more empowering and beautiful then a woman that is in control of her life and knows how to own it!
1. It’s important to be strong but know your weaknesses, understand them and learn how to control them and create something positive from it.
2. Being wise is what epitomises strong women, being able to learn from your mistakes and use them as a stepping stone for something better helps you avoid making the same mistakes again.
3. Being independent doesn’t mean being single! Wanting and loving a man for the person he is and not needing him for success and money allows your heart to love for the right reasons and not because he pays the bills.
4. Having ambition and not being afraid to exceed all expectations, knowing there aren’t any limits to what you can achieve and not letting anyone stand in your way.
4. But most importantly focusing on your strengths and being encouraging of other women and not competing with them is a beautiful and inspiring attitude to have that many women and young girls look up to and want to achieve in their own lives.
5. Therefore, being ‘miss independent’ to the fullest is being a confident woman and knowing when to leave your insecurities at home and embrace what you have and what you have achieved. Some men find confidence and an independent woman more attractive whilst others can feel intimidated by them, so it’s important to let the men still feel needed and leave certain things to them and have a balance when it comes to your love life.
But always remember, being independent means being who you want to be.